This important role will provide overall leadership and management for Wyoming gas operations. Plan and direct all local operation personnel in the construction, maintenance and operation of Wyoming gas systems. Actively participate as a member of the Wyoming Gas leadership team.
SALARY RANGE: $93,000 - $153,450 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager, Gas Operations
LOCATION: Cheyenne, Wyoming
- To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish business goals and objectives for Wyoming Gas operations that compliment overall goals and objectives of Black Hills Energy. Communicate, monitor and review goals and objectives on an ongoing basis to ensure they are consistent with the overall strategic goals and objectives of Black Hills Energy.
- Supervise and be accountable for the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for Wyoming Gas operations. Enlist support, analysis and recommendations from the Gas Utilities, Construction Services and Engineering groups into the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Gas Operations in creating, implementing and managing employee development plans to ensure the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of services to customers.
- Work closely with the Wyoming Gas leadership team and the Utilities Groups to efficiently integrate the work process and activities of Wyoming Gas with other Utility group jurisdictions. Specific attention should be focused on the improvement of operational efficiencies, heightened safety awareness and performance, reduction of costs, enhanced regulatory relations and delivery of excellent customer service.
- Create and maintain a workplace environment within Wyoming Gas operations team that promotes diversity, safety, fair and equal treatment of employees, open communications and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Develop and sustain professional labor relations with union partners and resolve grievances at the lowest level. Provide overall leadership, management, and direction for Wyoming Gas operations. Plan and direct all local operations in construction, maintenance and operation of the Black Hills Energy gas system.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and work rules are clearly communicated and applied consistently throughout the Wyoming Gas operations team.
- Ensure management staff and all employees are scheduled for regular training to stay current with technology and also to accommodate changes within the business and changes to specific position functions. Foster an environment within the Wyoming Gas operations team that encourages new innovations and ideas.
- With support from the Gas Utilities Groups, monitor all applicable rules, regulations and codes that govern gas construction, maintenance and operation. Ensure operations and maintenance procedures reflect compliance and all personnel are adequately trained. Maintain strict compliance with all environmental and governmental regulations, corporate policies and procedures and laws
- Responsible to Wyoming Gas operations to maintain knowledge of DOT regulations and requirements, coordinates with Gas Engineering & Standards to assure DOT regulations are understood and communicated. Accountable to be responsible for and supervise audits, take corrective action as needed. Participate in all scheduled OPS audits and drive follow-up actions as needed to assure in compliance. Construct/coordinate gas incident investigations as required.
- Provide high level customer service to support the growth and retention of business customers. Promote and expand Black Hills Energy as a full-service energy company.
- Build successful relationships with communicate leaders in towns with municipal utilities. Lead business acquisitions initiatives including due diligence and public advocacy
- Minimum of (5) five years of operations experience or relevant experience with increasingly progressive leadership and management in the utility field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of gas system construction, operations, maintenance standards, procedures and governmental regulations.
- In depth knowledge of gas operations processes and work practices.
- Basic knowledge of PHMSA regulations, DOT, OQ compliance regulations, O&M manual and government compliance.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage large geographic area and multiple locations across central and northeastern Wyoming.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and accomplish strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct workload and prioritize business needs.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate, communicate and influence.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple major projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the Company in front of various partners, employees groups, major customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to make decisions based on the factors and ability to work under stress and target dates.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in an office job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental descriptions: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions. Make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously accesses, inputs, and retrieves electronic information and communicates regarding the information. Employee frequently moves about the office space. Employee may occasionally: reach. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Light work. The employee is continuously moving about the job site or office space. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of reaching and moving controls exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Work environment: Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level and occasionally outdoors in sometimes inclement weather. Worker may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height or close quarters. Willing to travel up to 50% (e.g. 2 weeks or 10 days/month) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job and the employee must have proper licensing to operate a motor vehicle.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program (based on percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Wage: 93000 to 153450