As our Senior Business Systems Liaison, you will provide a functional support function for the Natural Gas Trading system (Endur) to ensure system solutions optimally support the natural gas side of our organization and overall company goals and objectives. You will serve as the subject matter expert providing recommendations to improve and streamline business processes and technology recommendations through various natural gas projects. You will also develop and manage a high performing partnership with the Information Technology department, Accounting and Finance organization, software vendors and consultants to gather, assess and effectively communicate future business needs and translate them into optimal system solutions.
SALARY RANGE: $76,300 - $114,450 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager, Corporate Trading and Risk
LOCATION: This position can be located in Denver, Colorado, Council Bluffs, Iowa, or our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- To learn more about our locations, visit our locations page on our career website.
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work directly with Endur users to document and formalize detailed system requirements.
- Work independently and collaboratively with third party vendors as well as internal resources to develop and deploy support and project solutions (e.g., configurations, etc.) per business requirements
- Develop and monitor budgeted and actual expenditures, with support from Gas Asset Optimization IT Project Manager. Provide approvals as necessary
- Develop and maintain processes to support issue resolution
- Partner with Endur users to define or improve system processes that support daily business management activities, including gas purchasing, pipeline nominations, invoice reconciliations, etc.
- Provide advisory support to Endur users for system configuration and training.
- Functionally understands and works to have expert knowledge of applications for which the role is responsible
- Lead role in production support and issue resolution management activities including the management of all Statements of Work and Endur application Support agreements.
- Assist the Sr IT Business Apps Software Analyst in diagnosing and resolving system, process, and data issues.
- Manage business unit Endur budget to help ensure budgetary needs are kept on task and to try and alleviate potentially unnecessary Capital or Expense budget expenditures
- Interpret existing SOX controls and apply to existing and proposed processes to ensure compliance
- Coordinate and verify periodic refreshes of non-production environments with production data and code
- Develops process to correctly prioritize Support problems and partners with Business Systems team to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude when dealing with system users and vendors
- Ensures highly detailed tasks (repetitive at times) are completed with a high level of efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to successfully communicate with all levels within an organization and facilitate understanding of processes and issues from a business perspective
- Effectively work to gain credibility from the business by acting with integrity, promoting trust and respect within the teams and continually manage change across the effected business unit
- Establish, monitor, and communicate project management and system support metrics to maintain accountability and achieve success by delivering projects on schedule and budget.
- Partner with stakeholders to establish and maintain appropriate system related internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Advocate and demonstrate the mission, vision, and values of our company.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years of gas management software administration, implementation, support and/or management of business information systems, or related experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Experience working with Endur trading software package to include Front office, Middle office and Back office functions covering the natural gas commodities trade functions from Trade Capture to Commodity risk to Settlements and Accounting.
- Experienced with technologies used by Endur applications including Crystal Reports and Business Objects
- Basic IT Infrastructure knowledge required for troubleshooting of Endur applications (e.g. virtual machines, Citrix, active directory, etc.)
- Experienced coordinating of deployments for one or multiple problem fixes at the same time across multiple environments (non-production and production)
- Demonstrated Change Management experience working with systems that need to meet Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations to obtain budget requirements for solutions/projects and ensure final acceptance of said solution/project
- Advanced problem-solving skills when working in a high pace environment where priorities change quickly
- Technology Acumen - Understands how technology integrates into the demanding needs of the natural gas system. Understands risk factors and mitigation of risk.
- Agility - Anticipates and recognizes changing environment and adapts in a responsive and effective way. Possesses strong drive to learn continuously and quickly, strong collaboration skills and resilience in the face of setbacks. Acquires and adopts new skills to drive results. Retains self-awareness and is open to new ideas.
- Technology - Understands data, data mining tools (i.e. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and system interfaces and applies new technology solutions to job responsibilities. Leverages data mining tools and techniques to organize information and explain financial and operational performance effectively and efficiently.
- Leadership - Establishes and promotes strategic innovative thinking to achieve common goals as a team. Possesses honesty, integrity, and empathy. Demonstrates active listening skills to successfully manage, mentor, empower, inspire, and influence others.
- Communications - Demonstrates concise and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to actively listen to other points of view, adapt messaging based on audience, influence and effectively articulates thoughts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer Focus - Seeks to understand, anticipate, and address needs through responsive and quality interactions while balancing the needs with the broader organization goals for internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective trusting and respectful relationships.
- Problem Solving - Possesses the ability to identify, analyze and articulate the problem, root cause and potential solutions using intellectual curiosity. Assesses risk, identify stakeholders, and uses judgement when implementing change with clear understanding of cross-functional implications. Maintains a mind-set of continuous improvement.
- Analytical Skills - Demonstrates the ability to collect, analyze, model, and interpret information to evaluate accuracy of expected results, articulate the financial implications, and enable informed decision making that considers impacts across the company.
- Industry Knowledge - Understands the energy industry, regulated utility, and publicly traded business models. Applies functional, operational, and technical knowledge and skill sets to drive positive outcomes and financial results.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in an office job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental description: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously accesses, inputs, and retrieves electronic information and communicates regarding the information. Employee frequently moves about the office space. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. No travel is required for this role.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program (based on percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Wage: 76300 to 114450