As our Senior Financial System Manager, you will provide a proactive vision and five-year finance technology roadmap to ensure system solutions optimally support the finance organization and overall company goals and objectives. You will lead a team of system analysts as well as serve as the subject matter expert providing recommendations to improve and streamline business processes through transformation projects. You will also develop and manage a high performing partnership with the Information Technology department, Accounting and Finance organization, software vendors and consultants to gather, assess and effectively communicate future business opportunities and translate them into optimal system solutions.
SALARY RANGE: $102,500 - $169,200 (Determined by the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Financial Reporting
LOCATION: Our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota
- You’ll find this is the ideal community to live, work and do business in. With hiking trails, the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park in your backyard, there are endless opportunities to enjoy nature. To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the development and execution of the five-year financial technology roadmap to ensure system solutions support the company’s strategic plan. Systems include, but are not limited to, PeopleSoft, PowerPlan, Utilities International, Automation Anywhere, Business Objects and related interfaces.
- Proactively partner with financial systems providers to understand and deliver new system functionality and solutions to support accounting, reporting, financial planning, and regulatory life cycle process.
- Serve as the business process and system solutions subject matter expert to assist organization in optimizing, standardizing, and improving system solutions and business processes.
- Act as business partner and liaison between the information technology and business operations teams.
- Oversee financial system implementation projects by supporting design of business cases; managing and facilitating fit gap analysis and system design sessions; planning, prioritizing, leading and executing system upgrade and new implementation projects; and designing and overseeing training, documentation, reporting and change management.
- Establish, monitor, and communicate project management and system support metrics to maintain accountability and achieve success by delivering projects on schedule and budget.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and management of the financial systems team to meet responsibilities of the department and organization.
- Manage support and maintenance of financial systems and interfaces to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the organization.
- Partner with stakeholders to establish and maintain appropriate system related internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Advocate and demonstrate the mission, vision, and values of our company.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years of software administration, implementation, support and/or management of business information systems, or related experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Computer Science or Finance related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Project management experience required.
- Financial Acumen - Understands how operational and financial decisions impact the financial statements, including impacts to rate making model, GAAP and SEC reporting and internal controls. Understands risk factors and mitigation of risk.
- Agility - Anticipates and recognizes changing environment and adapts in a responsive and effective way. Possesses strong drive to learn continuously and quickly, strong collaboration skills and resilience in the face of setbacks. Acquires and adopts new skills to drive results. Retains self-awareness and is open to new ideas.
- Technology - Understands data, data mining tools (i.e. Excel, Business Objects, Essbase, etc.) and system interfaces and applies new technology solutions to job responsibilities. Leverages data mining tools and techniques to organize information and explain financial and operational performance effectively and efficiently.
- Leadership - Establishes and promotes strategic innovative thinking to achieve common goals as a team. Possesses honesty, integrity, and empathy. Demonstrates active listening skills to successfully manage, mentor, empower, inspire, and influence others.
- Communications - Demonstrates concise and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to actively listen to other points of view, adapt messaging based on audience, influence and effectively articulates thoughts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer Focus - Seeks to understand, anticipate, and address needs through responsive and quality interactions while balancing the needs with the broader organization goals for internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective trusting and respectful relationships.
- Problem Solving - Possesses the ability to identify, analyze and articulate the problem, root cause and potential solutions using intellectual curiosity. Assesses risk, identify stakeholders and uses judgement when implementing change with clear understanding of cross-functional implications. Maintains a mind-set of continuous improvement.
- Analytical Skills - Demonstrates the ability to collect, analyze, model, and interpret information to evaluate accuracy of expected results, articulate the financial implications, and enable informed decision making that considers impacts across the company.
- Industry Knowledge - Understands the energy industry, regulated utility and publicly traded business models. Applies functional, operational, and technical knowledge and skill sets (including FERC, GAAP, and SEC guidance) to drive positive outcomes and financial results.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in an office job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental description: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions. Make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously accesses, inputs, and retrieves electronic information and communicates regarding the information. Employee frequently moves about the office space. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Willing to travel occasionally (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program (based on percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Wage: 102500 to 169200