Maintain and Operate 24x7 Gas Control functions.
SALARY RANGE: $80,400 - $120,600 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Gas Control
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
- To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the Gas Control function for the company's natural gas business including coordinating, scheduling and supervising front-line employees.
- Oversee the day-to-day supervision of the Gas Control function.
- Ensure Gas Control (CRM) compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations in accordance with DOT 192 standards.
- Participate Control Room operations rotations as needed to fulfill 24x7 schedules.
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed.
- Provide continuous monitoring of critical locations, responding to system alarms and provide remedial actions/notifications.
- Manage and evaluate Operator Qualification for Gas Control Operators.
- Coordinate training and provide training as necessary for Gas control Operators.
- Oversee emergency situations and operational changes within various pipeline areas.
- Conduct Operational assessments of Control Room Operations as well as develop new and maintain/enhance existing compliance processes.
- Effectively prepare and present both written and verbal technical information.
- Work closely in conjunction with other Gas Control Management to implement procedural, process, training, scheduling, and standard applicable to Gas Control.
- Work closely with Company Engineering and Field Operations for the planning, coordination, installation, and maintenance of SCADA sites used to monitor and control various pipeline systems within Gas Control.
- Support both internal and external customer inquiries pertaining to Gas Control related activities. Complete written/electronic daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements. Provide management with performance feedback and documentation as required.
- Work closely with Gas Supply/Forecasting/Engineering/Operations to communicate usage patterns with the day and provide feed.
- Update and maintain the emergency notification and operational call out lists.
- Participation in 24/7 control room support on a rotating basis including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Routine on-call availability for emergency situations required.
- High School education or GED required.
- 5 or more years of applicable experience required.
- Experience in field or pipeline operations required.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong project management experience & skill.
- Background in SCADA/DCS/ICS or Gas Control preferred.
- Background in IT or Engineering preferred.
- Background in computer programming preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience and proven ability to manage employees.
- Must meet the qualifications to become Gas Control Operator Qualified.
- Gas distribution and transmission systems
- Gas measurement and gas hydraulics
- Gas operations
- Financial management and budgetary skills, planning and forecasting skills
- Project management
- Proven strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to lead and direct employees.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and create successful partnerships with other energy delivery groups (Gas Supply, Engineering, Field Operations) to meet field services business goals, standards, expectations and budgets.
- Ability to receive 24x7 alarm calls and emergency response.
- Ability to function well in urgent and critical situations.
- Drive to see projects through to completion.
- Cost/benefit and prioritization approach to decision-making.
- Independently manage multiple tasks and problem resolution skills level.
- Computer proficiency (relational databases, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software).
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to make decisions which have low to moderate impact on immediate department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: use fingers and hands, communicate, and have close visual acuity. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: ascend/descend stairs, position self to access lower items, and move about the office. The employee may occasionally (less than 33%) be required to: climb, balance, crouch, and reach. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Must be capable of up to 15% travel (e.g. 3.5 days/month) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job, and the employee must have the ability to drive and have proper licensing.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Wage: 80400 to 120600