In this role the Treasury Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the daily cash processing needs of the Company are met with accuracy and timeliness.
SALARY RANGE: $44,500 - $66,800 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Finance Manager
LOCATION: Rapid City, South Dakota
- To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take ownership of individual and team projects and ensure timely, accurate, and complete resolution for all work assigned.
- Monitor and analyze transactions for multiple cash accounts to create and review system reports determining daily cash positions.
- Analyze cash positions for multiple accounts to evaluate necessity for inter-company fund transfers and cash management (borrowing and repayments) on commercial paper and revolving credit facility.
- Ensure optimal cash balances are maintained daily within strict contractual guidelines.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the cash procedures and processes within PeopleSoft Treasury Workstation.
- Ensure utility customer payments are transferred to appropriate Business Unit.
- Maintain strong understanding of existing credit facility including requirements for Swing Line, Base, and LIBOR borrowings and repayments.
- Maintain short-term daily cash forecasting process and provide strategic insight to treasury cash and treasury finance personnel.
- Review, approve, and dispatch wire transfers and positive pay transactions and maintain wire templates.
- Maintain a strong understanding of processes within Wells Fargo CEO portal.
- Administer access to banking system in compliance with BHC’s policies.
- Responsible for maintaining strong banking relationships with the bank’s cash team.
- Research all banking exceptions, including but not limited to, Positive Pay, fraud filter, ACH returns, and Lockbox transactions. Lead timely resolution of banking issues and payment queries.
- Research daily requests from internal customers including check inquiries, stop payments, and wires.
- Maintain a strong understanding of internal Contract & Signature Policy 2 and ensure compliance with policy requirements when initiating, reviewing, and approving transactions.
- Ensure controls are in place, documented, and operating effectively to support strong internal controls over processes and financial reporting in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Evaluate wire payment requests to ensure the transaction is valid and expected.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong understanding of BHC’s money pool arrangements and systems and procedures including maintaining inter-company debt and interest for multiple companies.
- Prepare and communicate daily liquidity position to leadership.
- Manage cash position on commodity hedging accounts by evaluating positive or negative margin positions, determining cash needs, and obtaining appropriate approval for required transactions.
- Evaluate cash positions for small bank accounts and initiate monthly ACH cash sweeps.
- Maintain department leadership role regarding document retention processes and systems.
- Responsible for scanning and saving identified Treasury-related documents according to record retention guidelines using OCR (optical character recognition) technology.
- Prepare, update and maintain process documentation.
- Prepare and/or review reconciliations of general ledger accounts. Follow up on discrepancies to resolve issues and implement procedures to ensure adequate resolution.
- Obtain a strong understanding of the general ledger accounting system, systems that interface with the general ledger, and tools for reporting and analysis.
- Create journal entries and/or payment authorizations to record various bank transactions.
- Prepare and submit monthly and recurring journal entries for Treasury-initiated activities by deadlines
- Responsible for analysis of current bank fees, ensuring timely payment and recording of fees, planning and forecasting fees, and identifying opportunities to minimize bank fees.
- Coordinate bank services for new payment channels.
- Open and close bank accounts within corporate policies and maintain adequate records of authorized signatories and their assigned authorities.
- Maintain records on designated non-banking systems, including but not limited to sam.gov and Heartland Payment Systems.
- Assist in quarter-end and year-end Treasury requirements.
- Research and recommend new cash management ideas that support the company’s strategic initiatives and objectives.
- Lead special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Support the Company’s strategic objectives including our mission, vision, and values.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication both internally and externally.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic corporate banking knowledge required.
- 1 - 3 years of treasury, general accounting, or cash management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Corporate banking practices preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Advanced Automated System Skills (PeopleSoft, Treasury Management Systems, Banking Systems).
- Intermediate accounting skills and understanding of GAAP and FERC.
- Intermediate corporate banking knowledge preferred.
- Commitment to accuracy.
- Strong sense of professional accountability.
- Ability to work under stringent processing timelines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound business judgment on a regular basis.
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to perform accounting entries of average difficulty.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Flexibility to accept additional tasks as needed in the department.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: use fingers and hands, communicate, and have close visual acuity. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: ascend/descend stairs, position self to access lower items, and move about the office. The employee may occasionally (less than 33%) be required to: push, pull and reach. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Wage: 44500 to 66800