Manage the department responsible for the support, management, and development of natural gas Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system(s) and other related systems.
SALARY RANGE: $83,750 - $138,150 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager of SCADA and Operational Technology
LOCATION: Papillion, Nebraska: With high growth, excellent schools, and healthcare, this is a great choice for living and playing. Located on the eastern border of Nebraska, Papillion is part of the Greater Omaha Metropolitan area that over one million people call home.
- For more information on our locations, please visit our career website.
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the day to day activities of the SCADA department and related SCADA projects, enhancements, and additions.
- Responsible for managing 24x7 SCADA support to the Control Centers on a rotational basis.
- Maintains, develops, and reports SCADA work plans, SCADA department work and projects.
- Responsible for the development of O&M and Capital budgeting for SCADA and associated applications.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and adherence to SCADA standards in close coordination with Gas Control Operations and other internal stakeholders.
- Manages and provides general SCADA System development, configuration and administration.
- Responsible for the development of necessary documentation on SCADA and associated systems.
- Responsible for developing procedures, processes, and applications necessary to provide safe and secure operations systems that meet reliability regulatory standards.
- Responsible for monitoring the SCADA system and related applications for performance issues.
- Work closely with IT/OT/Security to develop and implement cyber security controls.
- Work closely with IT/OT/Security conduct risk, threat, and vulnerability assessments.
- Work closely with IT/OT/Security to develop security documentation.
- Works closely with IT-Networks, Field Communications, and Field Operations groups to configure and test communications between SCADA and field devices.
- Works closely with field technicians to troubleshoot data problems and communications problems between SCADA and field devices.
- Responsible to develop, maintain, test, and implement Disaster Recovery plans.
- Works in close coordination to Operations and IT/OT to facilitate continuous improvements.
- Works in close coordination to Operations and IT/OT to analyze, plan, and implement software for new products and upgrades.
- Flexible schedule as required to support Control Centers and Operations.
- Travel as necessary (~5-10%)
- Develops and maintains SCADA and SCADA related databases and applications.
- Develops and maintains SCADA HMI Displays for Control Centers.
- Provides SCADA and SCADA related application training for end users including Control Center Operators.
- Participates in detailed Point-to-Point testing between SCADA and field devices.
- Participates in detailed functional testing between SCADA and field devices.
- Serves as knowledge resource for Control Center Operators regarding application design and use.
- Provides “real-time” support for Control Center Operators.
- Performs other assignments as required.
- Available to provide off-hours support.
- 5 or more years of SCADA systems experience required.
- 3 or more years of management experience preferred.
- Project Management required.
- Engineering/Technology background is required.
- Four-year degree in engineering/computer science/technology related to SCADA/ICS/DCS or in place of degree, 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of natural gas transmission, distributions, and utility operations.
- Thorough knowledge of SCADA concepts, principals and best practices.
- Knowledge of various RTUs and PLCs.
- Knowledge of network communications.
- Knowledge of coding and scripting.
- Strong problem solving, technical, functional, and leadership skills.
- Strong technological aptitude and ability to quickly learn new concepts and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to maintain proficiency with new systems and software as technology evolves.
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to supervise projects and timelines effectively.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions. Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: use fingers and hands, communicate, and have close visual acuity. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: ascend/descend stairs, position self to access lower items, and move about the office. The employee may occasionally (less than 33%) be required to reach. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Wage: 83750 to 138150