This important role will identify, organize, negotiate, and manage goods and services sourcing and procurement for the company. Negotiate and complete construction, services and purchasing contracts. Develop and implement strategies to reduce the total cost of ownership of goods and services purchased while maintaining or improving quality and reducing exposure to risk. Develop and manage strategic vendor relationships.
SALARY RANGE: $68,450 - $102,750 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Strategic Sourcing
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
- To learn more about this location, please visit: https://careers.blackhillsenergy.com/pages/our-locations
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Source and procure goods and services for the company through the use of requests for proposals and other strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Creates and executes complex category management plans in accordance with guidance and direction of Manager, Strategic Sourcing.
- Plans and executes assigned project management activities to ensure superior supply chain support to capital projects.
- Develop and manage key industry relationships and alliances.
- Synthesize bid proposals and specifications and present recommendations on purchases requiring business unit approval.
- Manage approval process for bid proposals and specifications.
- Interpret and draft contract provisions to mitigate exposure to risk.
- Ensures all applicable contracts have appropriate cyber terms and conditions, deliverables and KPIs.
- Evaluates overall revisions, price and past performance of contracts and approves price adjustments.
- Researches and evaluates supplier markets and makes recommendations for standardization.
- Performs spend analysis and market research to ensure category management plans reflect the company’s strategic goals.
- Provides liaison between vendors, contractors, and company managers.
- Develop strategic direction and savings targets for assigned categories.
- Responsible for reporting and presentation of category spend and savings programs in addition to other written financial and administrative reports.
- Responsible for developing and implementing best practice strategic sourcing and supplier management processes across businesses and geographies.
- Responsible for negotiating contract terms and conditions, completing contract documents and process in accordance with corporate policies.
- Interface with key stakeholder executives across other businesses and geographies to understand requirements and constraints which may impact sourcing strategy development.
- Create and maintain open and timely lines of communication with all stakeholders
- Develop, monitor and report on key performance indicators.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity and fair and equal treatment of employees and a safe work environment.
- Represent the corporation at various community, business and industry functions to promote the Company image and foster a greater awareness of the Company.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor employees.
- Five (5) years strategic sourcing, commodity management, purchasing or arbitration/negotiation experience required.
- Experience leading and participating as a member of a cross-functional project team required.
- Experience working at a major gas or electric utility preferred.
- Law degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Accredited Certification as a Sourcing Professional (SIG), Certified Supply Chain Professional (APICS), Certified Professional in Supply Management (ISM) or Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Purchasing Manager is preferred.
- Active participation in professional organizations such as ISM, APICS, SIG or similar organizations.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing, commodity/category management methodology and approaches required.
- Contract law knowledge preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven track record in developing category management plans, leading sourcing analysis and managing to results.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work in a dynamic utility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees at all levels.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business problems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: use fingers and hands, communicate, and have close visual acuity. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: reach, push/pull, ascend/descend stairs, position self to access lower items, and move about the office. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
EOE, Including disability/vets.