We are looking for a driven, organized professional to join our team. You will design and provide project management for assigned capital and maintenance projects on natural gas transmission and distribution systems. You will ensure that customers are provided with superior service in accordance with Black Hills Energy (BHE) standards, and customer service policies and procedures.
SALARY RANGE: $82,550 - $123,800 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager Utility Construction Planning
LOCATION: Castle Rock, CO
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about this package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design natural gas distribution and transmission systems and facilities per Black Hills Energy standards, procedures and in compliance with Black Hills Energy and industry codes and standards.
- Plan, design, and coordinate customer requirements for natural gas service installations and primary/main extensions for new commercial and residential customers per Black Hills Energy’s extension policy.
- Prepare construction plans, ensure necessary rights-of-way, easements, and other permits are obtained, survey and stake facilities for new line extensions and integrity (replacement) upgrades.
- Communicate Black Hills Energy construction policies and procedures to customers and work with customers to best satisfy needs.
- Manage all aspects of a construction project including partnering with internal customers like Operations, Key Account/Growth Representatives, Utility Construction Specialists, and Accounting to ensure projects are accurately completed in Black Hills Energy systems.
- Provide project leadership support of contractors, natural gas crews ensuring efficient use of labor resources when leading assigned projects.
- Provide input for Capital/O&M budget creation and prioritization through monitoring of current spend, construction schedules, communication forecast and accruals.
- Key point of contact for City, County and State, road and highway relocation projects including review civil engineering plans to design and relocate Black Hills Energy facilities to align with City, County and State projects and regulations.
- Maintain a safe work environment by promoting Black Hills Energy’s safety policies, procedures, and stop work authority.
- Prioritize workflow, establish schedules, and monitor accomplishments. Actively contribute to department/project work and facilitate teamwork.
- Support and participate in process improvement, provide innovative work ideas.
- Availability to work on call as assigned by the business unit.
- Minimum (3) three years of construction planning, utility operations, project management, engineering, or relevant experience.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering, Business, Power Line Construction or related field, or combination of education and experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of natural gas standards and NESC Code for construction, methods, and materials.
- Knowledge of cost estimating and variance reporting.
- General knowledge of rates, marketing programs and customer service programs offered by BHE.
- Solid understanding of computers and ability to use Microsoft Office products and trade related software.
- Strong construction and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to monitor multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead the work of a crew in a safe and efficient manner.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.
Wage: 82550 to 123800