Do you enjoy hacking the matrix, solving wicked-hard problems (like, defending against APT / nation-state attacks on critical energy-sector infrastructure), working with other highly skilled cyber security ninjas and cool tech that our society depends on? We are seeking cyber team members with deep information security skills, who are eager to learn and great team collaborators, while also being self-motivated and comfortable working independently when necessary. Apply today for a chance to join the Enterprise Cybersecurity Team!
SALARY RANGE: $98,200 - $162,000 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the candidate)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager of Cyber Security Operations
LOCATION: Our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about this package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enhance security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answer technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teach improved processes; mentor team members.
- Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conduct incident response analyses; develop and conduct training programs.
- Manage and administer information security systems and applications – specifically, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) / Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR).
- Provide detailed security related expertise in one or more of the following security subjects: secure IT system design and implementation, threat identification, log analysis, malware analysis, and incident response and security mitigation efforts.
- Oversee and track security-related implementation projects and provide appropriate management with status updates.
- Prepare system security reports by developing, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Conduct security reviews of vendor proposals, conduct process analysis, review information security architectures and recommend modifications to the information security operation to reduce costs or improve service.
- Maintain an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups as well as State and Federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Assurance or related degree required; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of (5) five years of IT experience in System Administration, Network Design or Information Security is required.
- Minimum of (3) three years of IT experience with specialized security development experience involving security-related applications and/or systems required.
- Strong understanding of network architecture, firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, web filtering, audit and log management, physical security control systems, real-time systems, and common operating systems.
- Operating knowledge of Linux and/or Windows systems administration.
- Operating knowledge cyber security theory and practice as promoted by numerous security standards and certification entities desired.
- Understanding of one or more advanced technical security topics such as Security Essentials; Ethical hacking; Auditing and monitoring networks, systems, and users; forensics and malware analysis; security incident response required.
- Experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS products, vulnerability assessment and management products, Windows operating systems, UNIX/Linux operating systems, networks (routing, switching, design, etc.), scripting/programming (shell, Perl, C, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details, accuracy and timeliness.
- Handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
- Ability to lead and mentor coworkers in security and job-related functions.
- Able to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously, assist with coordinating a variety of work functions and the ability to adapt to critical timelines.
- Ability to troubleshoot system and maintenance problems.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.
Wage: 98200 to 162000