LOCATION: Our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about his package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
As the Regulatory Revenue Requirements Manager, you will lead a team responsible for the development and determination of the revenue requirement for our Company’s rate cases across multiple jurisdictions which support the Company’s strategic plans. You will be a key business partner with functional areas across the Company in the development of regulatory policies, supporting business strategies, and executing rate case applications and other regulatory filings. You have the daily opportunity to influence Black Hills Energy’s regulatory strategic vision and positively impact our customers we serve!
SALARY RANGE: $98,200 - $162,000 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager, Regulatory & Finance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support all company efforts to ensure that the utilities within assigned jurisdiction(s) report accurate financial and operating information and receive adequate and timely recovery of its costs.
- Supervise, obtain, analyze, and interpret Company financial and statistical data to be used in regulatory reports.
- Lead and develop the team to ensure a solid understanding of various ratemaking policies and concepts, including revenue requirements, cost allocation, cost of service, rate of return, regulatory accounting, and the time value of money.
- Participate in the development of regulatory policies and initiatives that support business strategies, which support the Company’s long-term regulatory goals, and support the financial health of the Company.
- Manage, create and implement regulatory filings for assigned jurisdiction(s), including rate case applications; Lead development and regulatory policies and initiatives that support the Company.
- Maintain full understanding of regulatory outcomes and requirements and communicate to company personnel through written and verbal communications.; Monitor, review and analyze federal and state regulatory requirements and industry issues for utility operations and keep department leadership and operations informed of findings.
- Testify before regulatory commissions as an expert in support of filings; partner cross-functionally to strategize, prepare, and analyze strategic plan, budget, forecasts, and reports.
- Research and communicate interpretation of legislation, rates, rules, and terms and conditions of service as well as regulatory directives contained within PUC decisions and rulings; analyze impacts of proposed legislation and regulations that impact the Company and provide advice and guidance regarding compliance with regulatory laws, rules and requirements as directed.
- Monitor filing due dates and plan resources to meet all target dates accurately and on time.
- Build and maintain effective internal controls; Support efforts to respond to customer service issues to the commissions.
- Exercise management authority concerning staffing, development, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations in accordance with the company policies and laws.
- Minimum of (5) five years of finance, accounting, regulatory or a related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Engineering, Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Understanding of utility operations and regulatory/ratemaking processes and their accuracy within forecasts; Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts including internal controls.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with in-depth knowledge of financial documents and how they drive business.
- Understanding of utility regulatory process and rate analysis for gas and electric utility service as well as the impact of regulatory outcomes to business success including the rate making model.
- Ability to build and maintain project schedules. In-depth knowledge of return on investment calculations and cost of capital calculations.
- Knowledge of basic negotiations, advocacy and conflict management; Strong quantitative and analytical skills, and the ability to perform detailed analysis.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills; Ability to work in a team environment, with minimal direction.
- Strong enterprise leadership skills, as this position requires the individual to delegate, supervise, and review assignments, as well as mentor staff to higher levels of performance.
- Ability to build consensus and effectively engage with and influence internal and external decision-makers.
- Ability to understand and exercise excellent judgment in complex interrelated business issues.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.
Wage: 98200 to 162000