The Software Development Analyst will, under minimal supervision, interact with clients, team members and leadership to gather requirements for the analysis of business problems that relate to our Black Hills Energy Utility Asset Management programs. Determine feasible solutions to problems and submit proposed solutions to management. Develop specifications, construct, enhance, and maintain functions, and install and support vendor packages. Develop programs in one or more platforms. Prepare and maintain application system and function documentation.
SALARY RANGE: $73,700 - $110,600 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Enterprise Application Utility Systems Manager
LOCATION: This position may be located in Fayetteville, Arkansas; Denver, Colorado; or our corporate headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about this package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform assigned software development and maintenance tasks including development of functional/technical specifications, prototypes, programming, and testing.
- Define business user requirements on moderate to complex projects including system design and data modeling.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve problems related to applications issues, troubleshoot user support problems, and be actively involved with application performance planning.
- Understand and follow all secure programing practices. Adhere to our IT general controls around changes and deployment. Follow the practices and procedures that are laid out by IT Security and Compliance and follows the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Perform implementation tasks such as data conversion, software installation, and documentation creation.
- Work independently to define business requirements and support systems supporting business activities.
- Work with Technology Integration Specialists or Business Users to design and provide training for clients.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution for the client group.
- Provide follow-up to ensure successful implementation of designs and enhancements.
- Perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Stay up to date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Work with our Server, Network, Infrastructure teams to ensure that our systems are highly available, patched, upgraded and any other tasks related to our environments.
- Minimum of (3) three years of development experience in C#.NET or similar development language is required.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Knowledge of Cloud services, the Cloud ecosystem, Continuous Integration, and other deployment applications (ex: GitLab, Azure DevOps, Fortify, Artifactory).
- Proficient with building and supporting web services and microservices.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases (Oracle, SQL).
- Skilled with writing and utilizing unit tests.
- Knowledge of server based computing environment, including computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and middleware and database management systems.
- Knowledge of information engineering concepts, including business area analysis, business system design, data modeling, and application construction.
- Ability to work independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well informed of efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills when working with clients and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work within challenging situations.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.
Wage: 73700 to 110600