This important role will perform construction and maintenance functions on the gas distribution system and responds to emergency situations in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
PAY: $27.60 per hour (Determined by the current Collective Bargaining Agreement)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: Plattsmouth, Nebraska
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and maintain the gas distribution system in a safe and efficient manner to comply with current company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and perform work on the distribution system, operates construction equipment, and restores job sites to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on construction equipment, vehicles and tools to ensure maximum utilization and cost effectiveness.
- Follow company safety policy and training procedures by utilizing safe work and driving habits to ensure customer and employee safety.
- Complete recordkeeping associated with construction and maintenance operations to ensure that work done is accounted for properly and that accurate up-to-date records are maintained for future reference.
- Participates in company regulated and non-regulated marketing programs.
- Perform other related tasks as apparent or assigned, including but not limited to; line locating, stopping and tapping, customer piping, meter reading, chart changing, lighting appliances, leak investigation and pinpointing, plastic fusion, meter and regulator installations, operation and maintenance of odorant equipment and maintenance of facilities, to ensure efficient operation of the work unit.
- Perform related functions that support gas distribution and transmission operations in a safe, customer-oriented manner.
- Previous work experience on natural gas distribution or transmission systems preferred.
- Previous work experience with construction equipment construction sites preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must be qualified to perform job tasks as defined by the Department of Transportation and company procedures.
- Must have a valid Nebraska driver’s license, and be able to qualify for a Class A CDL license with air brake endorsement, and possess a safe driving record.
- Employees assigned to this job will be expected to establish residence in the designated location no later than 90 days after accepting the job.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Company Operations Procedures, Emergency Procedures, and State and Federal Codes as they apply to the work.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of company safety procedures, practices and policies.
- Employees must successfully demonstrate relevant competencies through assessment methods as determined by the company with reasonable inclusion of the union.
- Must have positive customer relations orientation including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, by telephone, and in writing.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.