This important role will safely install, repair, and service domestic and commercial appliances covered.
LOCATION: Torrington, Wyoming
- Must live within 20 minutes of reporting location.
PAY RANGE: $24.25 - $37.94 per hour Determined by current Collective Bargaining Agreement
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas facilities.
- Accomplish customer service, installation, construction, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting related to pipeline systems, measurement, appliances, and associated equipment.
- Responsible for sales, installation and service work of appliance in regards to the non-regulated products and services offered through the company.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, including, but not limited to excavation, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Locate and mark facilities per Company Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during encroachments and excavations.
- Perform pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak detection surveys and inspection per company procedures.
- Coordinate local Damage Prevention activities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Perform other assigned tasks as required.
- Must maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with a natural gas system preferred, but willing to train.
- Secondary education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high-pressure system preferred.
- Knowledge of company policies and practice, regulatory and tariff requirements desirable.
- Knowledge of National, State and local electrical codes desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work from written verbal instruction.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Possess basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to work with and around combustible or flammable gas, liquids.
- Ability to interface directly with customers professionally providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to operate construction equipment.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Position requires a driver file. Must be able to operate a commercial motor vehicle or equipment with a gross vehicle combination weight between 10,001 and 26,000 lbs. (this includes hooking to trailers).
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.