Provide materials management metho¬dologies, including warehousing materials, use of materials handling equipment, inventory management, essential computer skills, logistics, DOT regulations and be able to deliver and pick up material to sites.
WAGE: $26.30 per hour (Determined by current Collective Bargaining Agreement)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Materials Supervisor
LOCATION: Rapid City, South Dakota
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully complete warehouse step training program.
- Have overall day-to-day responsibilities of unloading material, receipt entry, check-in, storage, control and issuance of materials, equipment and parts ordered by the Company.
- Ensure company safety policies, procedures and work practices are being followed in all areas. Conduct safety meetings where and when needed.
- Must be able to respond to emergency call outs in a timely fashion, preferably within 30 minutes.
- Process material tickets daily for entry into the computerized inventory system to maintain system integrity.
- Identify materials and equipment and direct the unloading, coordination and planning for expected daily shipments.
- Provide support for delivery notifications and monitor delivery to schedule and PO requirements. Verify that the material invoiced has been received on-site and the invoice payment can be made.
- Coordinate and execute all deliveries on and off site.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, documents and records for the material and maintenance management system.
- Maintain files and perform filing related to plant records and reports.
- Coordinate and assist in office furniture moves for Company employees when needed.
- Represent the Materials Management function professionally at onsite management meetings as required.
- Assist with some buying duties, including expediting shipments and working with buyers on various issues.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor’s employees.
- Assist other plant and operations personnel as directed. Represent Black Hills in a professional manner with a “can do” attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience working at a major gas or electric utility as a Storekeeper preferred.
- Two years of experience entering and maneuvering data in computers, including familiarity with but not limited to, Excel, Word, PS 9.0 or other materials management systems.
- Accreditied program in clerical and/or materials management or two years of equivalent experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and where applicable have a valid CDL license, Class B with no air brake restrictions within 30 days.
- Must obtain a forklift certification card within 30 days.
- Materials management procedures, including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials preferred.
- Possess the ability to prioritize work to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Able to perform mathematical functions.
- Able to make routine public contact with contractors, service personnel and governing agencies.
- Able to make judgmental decisions with little or no supervision.
- Able to hear (at some dB limit of loss) to receive oral communications and instructions.
- Able to read and understand technical information, such as contracts, equipment specifications, drawings and instructions.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.