Provide administrative support for up to ten (10) director level (and above) leaders and multiple departments. Support team and department staff administrative support role as well as project focused responsibilities. This role multi-tasks, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative needs of the team.
Problem solving, prioritization of tasks and organization skills are key in this position while assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner.
SALARY RANGE: $23.89 - $35.70 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director Power Delivery, NSC
LOCATION: Gillette, Wyoming
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain document processing and systems to ensure availability of accurate, timely information and to enhance the workflow. Follows reliable processes. Work is completed with minimal errors.
- Perform accurate data entry within appropriate time frame.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for continuous improvement needs and is proactive in initiating improvement and follows through to operationalize.
- Assist with scheduling and organizing activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities. Supports multiple leaders and teams.
- Effectively handle and prepare correspondence. Ability to write reports, correspondence, memos, proposals logically and accurately.
- Work with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Work safely and follow company policies, procedures and work practices in a positive, cooperative and productive manner. Responsive to requests. Knows how to use resources to meet customer needs. Follows through on commitments.
- Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a team environment, works toward mutual cooperation. Willingly assists others and flexes within and outside work areas.
- Uses meticulous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes multiple sources for answers; can see hidden problems; provides honest and straightforward analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer.
- Provide backup support for other administrative staff.
- Maintain a clean orderly office area.
- Prepare reports as assigned.
- Minimum of (5) five years of experience in an administrative assistant or office management role supporting multiple leaders required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven experience working with confidential information including personnel related matters and other company business of critical nature.
- Knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures with use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Strong digital literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective in bringing a group together to accomplish a task and in getting ideas accepted.
- Ability to effectively and expertly express thoughts verbally; ability to listen to others and share information; ability to understand replies and directions from others.
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.
Wage: 23.89 to 35.7