This role has an enterprise-wide focus and will lead the implementation, management and enhancement of the company’s Business Continuity Management Program. This role is responsible for the execution of business continuity activities ensuring the organization has a sustainable and repeatable process in place for business operations to be ready to recover in a threat/crisis. This role requires strong partnership and coordination with various areas to drive an integrated and cohesive approach for operational resiliency.
SALARY RANGE: $86,550 - $129,900 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: VP Corporate Controller & CRO
LOCATION: Our Company Headquarters in Rapid City, SD
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about this package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish, implement, deploy and maintain the Business Continuity Program framework across the Organization including establishing policies, guidelines and common methodologies.
- Develop and maintain business recovery plans and procedures for business locations and functions.
- Provide visibility and reporting to the appropriate leadership on the readiness and critical components of business continuity plans, supporting processes and infrastructure.
- Assist in coordination and/or development and execution of tabletop exercises of plans to ensure the organization can respond to a disaster to include assuring critical business functions can be resumed within a pre-defined time frame, minimizing disruption.
- Conduct and/or enhance risk assessments, including business impact analysis, for various departments and functions
- Facilitate and support the execution of the plans at the time of a crisis event.
- Track results, drive efforts for continued program improvements.
- Liaison with key business partners and teams to identify gaps, set recovery time objectives and convey business needs/expectations.
- Implement awareness and training programs to promote and educate the company on the Business Continuity Program, including specific roles, responsibilities and expectations.
- Actively represent and show presence in the organization as a thought leader and program driver of Business Continuity awareness and oversight.
- Maintains on going collaboration and coordination with business units and functions to ensure smooth linkages of plans and activities; includes coordinating gathering of Plans (i.e., emergency response, disaster recovery, etc.) across the Company
- Support other business continuity efforts as directed.
- Minimum of (5) five years of relevant experience in business operations, compliance, information technology, or risk management required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Knowledge of implementing and managing business continuity and resiliency programs.
- In depth knowledge of business continuity principles, best practices, and methodologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build/maintain ongoing business relationships at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to perform risk assessments, audits, and/or business impact analysis.
- Ability to be self-directed and exercise good professional judgment.
- Strong written and written communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal and indirect influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of stakeholders at various organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and effectively prioritize work in progress.
- Demonstrated strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships (internal and external).
- High level of personal initiative and self-motivation.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.
Wage: 86550 to 129900