Enterprise-wide responsibility to create shareholder value by contributing to setting and driving key strategic goals. This focus requires developing project plans, positively collaborating with other departments and leading key strategic projects to success. Project management, stakeholder outreach (including communication plans), deal screening, industry research, due diligence, risk assessments, financial analysis, deal negotiation, and enterprise integration activities are core functions of the position
SALARY RANGE: $140,600 - $231,950 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Growth and Strategy
LOCATION: This position can be located in Denver, Colorado or at our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about this package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute to setting the strategy for assigned projects demonstrating the individual’s subject matter expertise and successfully complete key critical initiatives and goals.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time or ahead of schedule, and on budget, through leadership and project management activities including defining of project objectives, scope, business case development, team member assignments, timeline creation, and facilitating project meetings for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the overall outcome and success of assigned projects.
- Research and screen corporate development prospects within the focus of our strategic plan goals.
- Create, foster and maintain positive relationships across departments and the organization that are critical to project success, as well as for new project generation.
- Develop industry network by regularly attending seminars and events in the energy industries.
- Assist with planning and organizing special projects, acquisition and divestiture evaluations, due diligence efforts and business integration efforts as assigned.
- Develop and maintain accurate and detailed records of all projects completed or initiated. Ensure that project plans are detailed thoroughly such that another individual could continue or re-evaluate a project with minimal effort.
- Maintain organized and detailed records of all prospective business or property acquisitions and other investment opportunities or divestitures, complete with relevant due diligence information, confidential data and valuations. Plan and perform special projects related to integration of newly acquired business units, or integration activities related to existing businesses, as assigned. Assist with post-purchase economic analysis on major company investments as requested. These evaluations should be thorough and ensure compliance with desired investment, earnings and budget goals. Maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality for each project. Optimally prepare and coordinate presentations, written memos and communicate to a variety of stakeholders, as assigned.
- Establish strong relationships across the company to advance effective communication and coordination across departments and companies.
- Assist various internal departments in order to develop and implement the company's strategic plan.
- Support business development and operations by providing financial, cost-benefit, and other analytic expertise.
- Minimum of (10) ten years of experience in corporate development, strategy, project management, finance and valuation and deal execution and integration, and/or combination of other relevant fields, including some experience in energy related or utility industries required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Finance or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be capable of negating deals on behalf of the corporation. Must be capable of integrating projects and acquisitions at an enterprise level.
- Must be capable of integrating projects and acquisitions at an enterprise level.
- Must be capable of obtaining and coordinating for all permits and regulatory required certificates for projects
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual discretionary bonuses, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off benefits, including paid holidays and parental leave, company paid life insurance and disability benefits (short and long term), an employee assistance program and well-being benefits, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. If you require reasonable accommodation, please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com for more information.
Wage: 140600 to 231950